entreat v : ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons" [syn: bid, beseech, adjure, press, conjure]
- Rhymes: -iːt
- To treat, or conduct toward; to deal with; to use.
- To treat with, or in respect to, a thing desired; hence, to ask earnestly; to beseech; to petition or pray with urgency; to supplicate; to importune.
- To beseech or supplicate successfully; to prevail upon by prayer or solicitation; to persuade.
- To invite; to entertain.
- To treat or discourse; hence, to enter into negotiations, as for a treaty.
- To make an earnest petition or request.
Entreat is a live album by The Cure, recorded live in the Wembley Arena in London in July 1989. The album was first distributed as a promo in France to further promote the Disintegration album (1989), and contains tracks solely from that album. It became a general release when too many bootlegs of the promo surfaced. The last two tracks were released in 1989 as b-sides to the US version of "Lullaby". The songs "Fascination Street", "Last Dance", "Prayers For Rain", and "Disintegration" were also included in the "Pictures of You" Single Album.
entreat in Italian: Entreat
entreat in Finnish: Entreat